can i wait a few months?

hey doc...great site, thanks...im 33, positive a few yrs now, now my t cells are around 340, vl around 30,000...neither has changed dramatically over the past three years, more like a slow steady movement, like initially 440, and 12,000 respectively....my doc thinks i should start treatment soon, and i dont disagree...the consideration is that i am an actor, currently on location until february, and not much of a plan to get back to new york city to discuss this, and start treatment asap because of my schedule...i realize how important my health is, but in your opinion would it be possible to wait thse three months, maybe get labs done out of town here once just to see if im holding steady and start when i get back? I also am kind of hesitant to start while im in the middle of my current work? any advice would be helpful, and thanks

scott

Scott- thanks for your post. Sorry for the delay.

It would be very reasonable to wait a few months to consider starting therapy, given your labs and the fact that you're otherwise feeling well. Probably most important in starting medications is having your life as stable a possible, if only to facilitate the best possible adherence to any treatment regimen.

So, stay in contact with your doctors-- if you should have any adverse symptoms or questions. But until that time, have a happy holiday season and thanks for reading. BY

New DHHS Guidelines
My Numbers