|CD4 40 and life expectancy
Nov 16, 2004
what could be the life if CD4 count was 40 for hiv
| Response from Dr. Young
Sharmara- Thanks for your query- without HIV treatments (antiretroviral medications), persons who have such terribly low CD4 counts have a very poor long-term prognosis. In our own analysis from the CDC HOPS study in the US, about 30 of every 100 persons with CD4 counts below 100 die every year.
With treatment, by contrast, such persons very rarely die from HIV complications and might be expected to live for a very long time-- perhaps even to have a near-normal life expectancy.
Hope this helps, thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Contract AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Eyes After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sinus Infection After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.