we just finf out

Hi

My girlfriend find out positive with viral load of 33,000 and cd4 517. additional she find out that has hepatitis c .

my questions is when she need to take medications and if we can to make children ?

i'm sorry about my english i'm from israel.

please help us

Thank you for your questions. It is heartening to know that we have readers from Isreal. I'm sure that you'll be able to locate excellent doctors-- I had dinner with a couple of Isreali HIV specialists just yesterday.

The question about starting medications for persons who are co-infected with HIV and HCV depends on a lot of factors. The key issue is the knowledge that persons with both infections tend to have more rapid disease progression than persons who are only infected with either single virus.

With your girlfriend's HIV-related labs, I don't get the sense that treatment need to be immediate; As for hepatitis C (HCV), the very first thing to do is to test to see if your girlfriend has HCV virus in her blood ("viremia"). About 30% of persons with HCV exposure actually clear the infection without treatment and therefore don't require any HCV medicadtions. For the remaining patients, starting HCV treatment depends on the type (genotype) of HCV, the extent of liver injury (if any, often determined by liver biopsy). Because of these variables, I can't tell you specifically if your friend needs to, or when she might need to start treatment for HCV.

The key thing, no matter what is to locate reputable and experienced doctors who know who to treat both viral infections.

Good luck, good health and thanks for reading. BY

Front Desk Manager
testosterone