The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Front Desk Manager
Nov 14, 2004

I'm a 28 year old male and I have many small to medium size lumps in my body, specially in upper layer of muscles of hands, upper-legs and back. they are increasing for last 15 years, please advise me if there is a treatment.

Response from Dr. Young

Thanks for your post.

What you describe sound like benign lipomas (fatty tumors). In some patients with HIV (but also in uninfected individuals), lipomas can be observed. Usually treatment is reserved for painful or unsightly lesions-- since the only apparent treatment is surgical resection.

No matter what, I'd let your doctor know about your symptoms. He or she can forumlate the best therapeutic (and diangostic) approach with you.

Good luck, BY

CBS website on HIV
we just finf out

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint