|T20 and HIV-2
Nov 12, 2004
Dear Dr Pierone, At our hospital we have quite some experience with HIV-2 treatment. I stumbled onto your answer to the question whether T20 works against HIV-2 (posted in november 2003). T20 does not work against HIV-2 however. T1249 (which is not in further development as far as I know) does work against HIV-2. Yours Martin Schutten PhD Erasmus MC, The Netherlands
| Response from Dr. Pierone
Thanks for the information about T20 (Fuzeon) and your observations on lack of impact on HIV-2. More studies need to be done and published to help clinicians with HIV-2 treatment issues. Thanks again.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Thrush?
- Touching An Open Scab Risk Of Getting HIV
- Touching A Bloody Scab How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Do People Catch HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Ache In Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.