Nov 10, 2004
i am taking kaletra and combivor. i am breaking out in a rash on my arms. is there something that will correct this situation? thanks and this is a great site. god bless
Response from Dr. Young
Thanks for your question and comments.
Many HIV medications can cause rash in a minority of patients. The typical drug rash, however, tends to be over the entire body, and not restricted to just the arms.
Rashes that are localized suggest to me that the cause might very well be something else-- dry skin, sun exposure, lotions or the like.
In either event, the best thing to do is to notify your doctor about your symptoms. A clinical evaluation might quickly identify the cause and help with the symptoms.
Good luck, thanks for reading. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Infections Caused By Sperm
- What Are Std Symptoms On Tongue?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.