How many meds to take?

I was diagnosed in February. My viral load was 100,000 and cd4 was 375. My doctor put me on combivir. 8 months later, I am undetectable and my cd4 is 386. My doctor wants me to stay just on combivir. Everything I've read and other doctors I've talked to say that is a big mistake. Everyone is saying i should be on 3 meds for a long term success. What do you think? Should I seek out another doctcor?

I agree very strongly with the "other doctors". While two nucleoside therapy might result in having an undetectable viral load, the risk of irreversible drug resistance and premature treatment failure is unacceptable. Three drug regimens have long-term potency, durability and safety. In my mind, starting a person on two drug therapy is far below the standard of care, and unless there were compelling reasons to the contrary, is tantamount to medical malpractice. BY

Truvada
Just Converted