Locating an HIV specialist

I am an American living overseas and will soon be relocating to the US (DC area). I started on HIV medication earlier this year and want to ensure no disruption in treatment once I move. How do I locate a qualified HIV specialist in my new area prior to my move? Is there a web address I can research that lists HIV specialists in various locations in the U.S. Also, I'm assuming I should have my doctors in Germany copy all my medical files, so I can present them to my new doctor? I don't want to start over since I've been receiving excellent treatment for over 4 years. Thanks

Guten tag, thank you for your post.

There are a number of ways to get the beta on who's who in HIV medicine-- one way is to ask a local AIDS service organization (ASO)-- these can be found in the yellow pages (online) or at ASOfinder.com. Another way is to look up providers on the American Academy of HIV Medicine's website (AAHIVM.org)

There are quite a few highly respected HIV doctors in the DC area (as there are in Germany,too). I don't think that locating one should be too difficult.

And yes, it is always a good idea to have copies of your previous clinic visit notes and lab reports to bring to your first appointment. It makes for better continuity and patient care.

Thanks for reading. Safe travels. BY

Intensify early treatment?
Lab trends