When to start?

Hello, I find out in last month that I'm HIV positive. A lot of questions are now in my mind-but the first one is when is the best time to start treatment? Thanks for Your answer Regards -Bojan

The best time to start is not known with great certainty. However, the consensus is to begin therapy with CD4 count in the 200 to 350 range. If one bases the decision on the strictest level of scientific evidence it would suggest we recommend therapy at 200. But there are several studies that indicate a threshold of 350 cells may be a more reasonable starting point and this is where the DHHS guidelines weigh in. Here is the link to the DHHS web site and it contains an explanation of the reasons for the 350 starting point. HIV treatment strategies are evolving though as we learn more so this is by no means the final word.

Names on Pills
once as day ok?