Oct 24, 2004
If the Tcell is well below 200 - exactly how serious is the condition.
Response from Dr. Young
Persons with CD4 counts below 200 have met the case definition for AIDS. As such there is a significantly greater risk for having an AIDS complication, such as serious (or life-threatening) infection or cancers. The further below 200 the counts go, the higher the risk for the complications or even death.
Fortunately, current medications can very clearly restore immune function and health, even for persons with very low counts. With well constructed and equally well adhered-to treatments, CD4 cell count rises can approach 200 cells in just 1 year. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Oral Thrush Cause Enlarged Lymph Nodes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.