Is early treatment better ?

I am 22,male,and found HIV infected in mid Aug this year. Possible date of infection is June 26, just 3 months ago. My first examination excuted on 8/30 showed CD4 836 and VL 170000. My doctor said recent research implies that beginning treatment in the first 6 months of infection could lower my VL as soon as possible so that my immune system can keep working well for several years. Some consultants even opmistically said I could have a long life as long as 20 yrs or even longer. (so that I can wait for coming "miracle")

I browsed information on the website; however, there seems no powerful support until now to prove my treatment will really lead to good result. should I continue treatment? Will there be any possibility to cease treatment if my conditon keeps well?

Thanks for your kind help !!

Yes, there is ample cause for optimism for persons with HIV infection. My personal view is that the prognosis for patients that have access to HIV medications and the life skills to negotiate the healthcare system and take medications properly is excellent normal or near normal.

There are studies that show early treatment may be beneficial, but this is not proven. Some clinicians will treat primary HIV infection with a plan to stop therapy after 6 to 12 months, although this is not written in stone. Ongoing studies of primary HIV infection may clarify things and provide us with better guidance. Good luck!

CD4 Count - Dramatic drop, indifferent doctors
HAART and anti-psychotic meds