Seeking help from W/Africa

Hello Dr. Young.

I am currently on viramune/AZT/lamivudine (generics). I found out I was pos January 2003 when I was having my 2nd baby. I have two kids who are both -tve, both by C-section.

I've been thinking of trying for another baby and wish to come over to the US for optimal care. I have a valid US visa and all.

My question is, could you kindly give me an idea of how much my medical bills would be to have a baby in the US?

Thank you

Thanks for your question.

Your question is difficult to answer in detail, since in the US, there are a wide variety of payer systems, ranging from self payment to private insurance, to governmental insurance plans.

The specifics for you would depend on your specific financial situation, employment coverage and the locality that you will locate to. Once you know where you're likely to live, I'd contact the local AIDS service organization (ASO) for specific advise (you can search the ASOfinder.com for additional information).

Good luck, BY

Intensify early treatment?
Starting Trizivir Part VI