High CD4 Undetectable Viral Load

I have just been diagnosed as HIV+. My doctor and I are sure that I got the infection since late-2002. At present, my CD4 is 384, viral load is undetectable. My doctor is not starting treatment now. I am physically fit but was feeling somwehat depressed for last 5 months. When do you think my disease would have progressed for me to start treatment. Would it be close to 2 years or more

Thanks for your post.

With such a low (undetectable) viral load off treatment, it's unlikely that you'll have rapid CD4 cell decline. Moreover, there's at least hope that you'll have very slow progression. Current recommendations don't suggest starting treatment until your CD4 count is below 350, but with your viral load it's probably safer to recognized (and subscribe) to the British guidelines that suggest waiting until your CD4 count approaches 200.

It could very well be a couple of years, but you'd need to have follow up lab work to be sure.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

Rapid Viral Load Reduction
Intensify early treatment?