Viramune Truvada first line?

52 YO W/MALE. INFECTED 1996. AM CONSIDERING TRUVADA WITH VIRAMUNE BECAUSE I'M AFRAID OF THE CNS EFFECTS OF SUSTIVA. VL10-30K, CD4 486-600, %26 CURRENTLY. FROM WHAT I'VE READ ON THE DIFFERENT FORUMS AND INFO FROM THE 2NN STUDY I THINK MY DECISION IS A GOOD ONEE. BUT I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT THAT YOU COULD AFFORD..THANKS IN ADVANCE. SAMMY

I have no problem with Truvada and Viramune as a first-line treatment in general, but have reservations in your case. Since your CD4 count is high and viral load is relatively low, you may consider deferring treatment. If you decide to begin therapy with these good numbers, you would be at higher risk of liver toxicity from Viramune. There is a quirk with Viramune in that those with higher CD4 counts (more than 250 for women, 450 for men) are more likely to develop liver toxicity when starting therapy.

Restart treatment
Trends in my labs - your opinion?