jorston

I was just diagnosed + in late Aug after being very sick. I have had - anti body test since then. Had - test in May this year and earlier in Feb. My t-cell is 395, my vl is 190k down from 760K. Can I expect to improve as I was recently very sick? Is being very sick upon initial infection a sign that I will become sick sooner and need to begin treatment sooner?

Thanks for your post.

There isn't good information about a link between the severity of initial symptoms and rate of HIV disease progression. Having a viral load decline from 760 to 190K may not even be that significant, since there can be a 5-fold change in viral loads from day to day.

Nevertheless, if your viral load stabilizes at ~200K, you'd be considered to have a pretty high setpoint, arguing that you'll more likely have moderately fast CD4 cell decline and the need to monitor your health more closely.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

new tests?
To start with Trizivir and Viread