CD4 percentage dropping but so is load

I seroconverted in March 2004 and have only had two counts done, so maybe there's just not enough data yet to figure out what's going on. My doctor was kind of puzzled however and so am I. My first test in May showed a CD count of 593 and 33% with a VL of 76,000. In August, the VL had dropped to 53,700, the total CD4 count was all but unchanged,587, but my CD4 percentage was only at 25.3%. Any ideas on what's going on or is the percentage just an abberation? Because my count is still strong and the load is relatively low, I'm not on any medications yet.

Older but too late wiser

The difference in CD4 percentage likely just represents the inherent variability that is commonly seen with this measurement. After you get several more readings you will have a better sense of your absolute CD4 count, percentage, and viral load. Over time you will see how consistent your numbers are. For reasons that are not at all clear some people have very stable readings and others are all over the place. Good luck!

My doctor is unsure about treatment
starting with fuzeon if pi resistant?