6 weeks on meds(what to expect)

Well the facts, diagnosed hiv+ in May of this year with a cd4count of 200 and a viral load of 149,000 the first labs and 120,000 the second. Started meds on July 15th of this year and went in for new labs 6 weeks later. I dont what to get caught up in high expectations only to be dissapointed. I just want to know what to expect within reason. My regiment is sustiva/viread/emtriva and I have never missed a dose, been healthy in every respect and never had a hiv related illness. Is an undetectable load possible in only 6 weeks or should I be more concerned with an increase in cd4 count and a decrease in viral load regardless of the numbers(I think I just answered my own question) but I am not an expert. Thanks for all that you guys and gals do. Peace

An undetectable viral load is possible in 6 weeks, but more typically it will be very low, but not quite undetectable. The CD4 count will generally be higher at 6 weeks, but the range of the increase varies considerably. Sometimes there is a bit of a delay in the CD4 count increase following treatment initiation. Follow up readings at 12 weeks should show continued decline and often are undetectable or just at the cusp of detection. Actually, your expectations should be high since you have 100% adherence and have been healthy. Best of luck, and thanks for posting.

showed evidence?
Re: Low viral load and pep