Should I switch from successful 7 year regimen?

I was diagnosed in 1997 with 156 t cells and viral load of 7,000. I started on Crixivan and Combivir immediately and have had roughly 400-600 t cells and undetectable viral ever since. My side effects have been minimal but I am growing tired of the eating restrictions around Crixivan. My doctor has recommended I switch to Lexiva and Norvir, keeping the Combivir. I've always tended to be conservative, wanting to keep as many options available as long as possible. I feel I shouldn't be fixing something that isn't broken. Will this switch affect or decrease my future options? Is it best to make a switch like this when I am not resistant to the Crixivan? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Lee

You may want to consider boosting the Crix, which will enable you to take it every twelve hours and drop the food restrictions. Check with your doc.

Be well.

RE SWitching to Reyataz
AZT Anemia