RE SWitching to Reyataz

I had the fat redistribution and became diabetic. When I went off the Crixivan these side effects went away after time. My understanding is that you do not see these side effects with Reyataz. Is that true. That is why I am leery of trying A protease inhibitor. Also with the Sustiva i had to stop taking at night because i could not sleep. Now I am in a foggy haze in the morning and I am very antsy. I realize that you have to weigh which side effects are easier to deal with that is why I have stayed on Sustiva for 6 years. If Reyataz has the fforementioned side effects I am willing to stick with Sustiva. Do you see any new drugs in the pipeline that I might wait for instead of switching.

Response from Dr. Lee

As you mention, each of the drugs has side effects. However, any given individual may or may not have side effects. So, best way to determine how you'll respond, is to try it. If you have not developed resistance, you can always go back to a previous effective treatment if the side effects are too uncomfortable.

Be well.

Reduced cd4 and change of drugs please help desperate!!!!!!!
Should I switch from successful 7 year regimen?