Switching to Reyataz

I am thinking about switching from Sustiva to Reyataz because I suffer from fatigue and the nervous system side effects are starting to bother me. I have been on Sustiva for 6 years. I have checked all the causes for fatigue and did not realize that Sustiva could be the culprit. I am thinking of switching to Reyataz with Norvir booster but I am a worried because my first regimen was Crixivan and had to stop because of side effects. I hear that Reyataz does not have the same side effects as the older Protease Inhibitors. Is this true. Could switching help alleviate the fatigue. I am doing well on my current regiment but I am willing to switch if I can get my energy level back.

Response from Dr. Lee

Fatique is one of those symptoms that has many possible causes. Although you are not specific about what nervous system side effects you are experiencing, it sounds as though you might have a reduction in some uncomfortable side effects if you try this change. YOu have not talked about the side effects from the Crixivan, so I don't know what problems you had or are wishing to avoid with the protease inhibitors. Essentially all medicines have potential side effects, and it is sometimes the luck of the draw as to whether any individual experiences side effects. So, go for it. You can always switch back if necessary.

Be well.

Switching Regiment
Reduced cd4 and change of drugs please help desperate!!!!!!!