Switching Regiment

Hi;

My doctor recommended to switch from combivir and sustiva to truvada and virimmune.

The point of switching from combivir to truvada is to makle it simpler and taking all the pills once a day.

My doctor also said that my cholesterol was a bit high due to sustive and recommened switching that to virimmune, which he said worked the same way as sustiva.

Is this a good move or not?

Is virummune going to help me with my cholesterol, whcih is the only thing that is worrying my right now. Everything else is fine.

Thanks I will appreciate your response.

Response from Dr. Lee

There has been a study that showed those on viramune with lower cholesterol than those on sustiva. So, it is possible that the change may reduce your cholesterol. They are similar in terms of effectiveness. You may want to review more with your doctor before making the switch, but this switch makes sense.

Be well.

Risks of pentamidine for 71 year old
Switching to Reyataz