Sep 13, 2004
dear doc, i am very scared i have been in tears for the last 2 months. my cheeks are wasting away, my legs, arms, neck and stomach have all gotten smaller. i dont know what to do. am i dying? i have never been tested for aids. honestly i am afraid to go and get tested. is it too late for me? help me please.
| Response from Dr. Young
It's never too late to get tested for HIV/AIDS. You should be able to get testing at no cost and without revealing your name. Even if you should be diagnosed with HIV, current medications can reverse the immune damage and dramatically reduce your risk of having a complication.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Vomiting A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.