What is seroconverting?

I have just discovered this forum and I am trying to learn more about everything regarding HIV and AIDS, as I must say I have not been the most informed regarding drugs/treatment. I repeatedly see the term "seroconverting" used, but I do not know what it means. Also, I was diagnosed HIV+ aprox 3 years ago and have not had any labs done since the first. I was very much from the school of arguement, and questioning the HIV=AIDS rule. I still do follow the much alive but rarely publicized debate though recently have stepped back a bit after recent health concerns. My general practioner has admitted her lack of experience in HIV treament and suggested I go to a specialist. Unfortunately being uninsured I have to go to a specialized clinic which cannot get me in for several weeks, though I have made the appointment. I have had a fungus on my skin for months that my doctor prescribed Lamisil for. It kept it at bay but after going through 4 tubes of it it did not rid me of it. I have used other over the counter creams that help but do not fix the problem. In addition to this, I have had problems swallowing for weeks, with occasional sore throat and chest pain. I am frequently awaken at night with chronic and violent hiccups as well as excessive mucus production. I am also riddled with loss of appetite/weight in the past couple of months. In addition, I have just (self diagnosed) myself with oral thrush in the past week after reading your website. I am using Listerine to help combat it but I am worried that it is in my throat since I have had the swallowing problems/pain prior to the oral symptoms. My concern is, I cannot get into this AIDS Clinic for almost 4 more weeks. Should I go see my general practitioner for this thrush or do you think it would be okay to wait. I know this is a long question but your advice would be appreciated. I am getting really nervous about my situation. Thank you so much to all of you that make this forum so informative and available!!

The term "seroconversion" refers to development of antibodies to HIV reflecting acquisition of infection. With regard to your current medical problems it would be useful for you to see your primary care doctor while waiting to get into the specialty clinic. There is a medication called Diflucan that works well for oral thrush. Perhaps your doctor could prescribe this as an interim measure. Good luck!

dont know where or how to start
PEP and low viral load