|Low T-Cell Count
Sep 11, 2004
If a person's T-Cell count is at "4" will they recover or show an increase in T-cells if they start medications?
| Response from Dr. Young
With a CD4 count of 4, the person has profoundly advanced HIV disease or AIDS. Newest combination treatments have been shown to be very effective in increasing CD4 counts, even in persons with very low counts. I'd definitely recommend starting treatment as soon as possible. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Can I Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Can You Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.