Virus Suppression

Dear Dr Young,

Thanks for your advice through this website and it is a very much helpful for us even out of USA.

I found I have a HIV last May, 2004. And the result from first test was CD4 "440" but regretfully I cannot test my viral load at that time due to demonstration in the hospital by labors.

Yesterday(September. 9, 2004) was my second test and found that CD4 was bit increased since 3months from 440 to 480 and my viral load was 8000 around.

Last since 3months I was taken MEGA VITAMIN therapy after read a book of Dr. Kaiser(Healing HIV) and I hope it was help to increased my CD4.

My question is this is there as possible way to suppress my viral load by alternative therapy such as vitamin or red ginseng or chinese herbal medicine ?

Because of I want to be delay HIV medicine as possible as I can.

Thanks for your question and comments.

I'm not aware of any scientifically validated way of reliably suppressing your virus outside of antiretroviral medications. Know, however, that your viral load, at 8000 is actually pretty low and forecasts a longer period than average before you'll need to start medications.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

It is not always the Videx
Wife HIV+ and Pregnant, Man Not: Are man &child safe?