Compliance of medications

I am currently taking viread 300 mg once a day. I take Epivir 300 mg once a day. I also take Viracept 5 250mg tablets in the A.M and 5 more tablets in the P.M. I have been taking my moring dose everyday between 12-1pm and my evening dose which consists only of Viracept like at 8 pm. I am still undetetable. Would it be ok to continue to do this?

That is a little tight but it is hard to argue with success. Viracept is a twice a day drug but that means it is best of taken about 12 hours or so apart. I'd try.

A bigger question may be whether you should be on this PI at all, assuming this is your first regimen. If it has worked for you over the long haul, again, hard to argue.

However, Viracept is a relatively weaker PI and there are other choices that are more potent, less pills and even once a day (like your other meds). A more potent regimen may well translate in to a more durable effect.

Certainly, any change may risk new side effects but you could probably go back to Viracept if you had to.

renal function and meds
Trying to Decide on a Regimen