The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I need advice PLEASE!!
Sep 6, 2004

I just had a question I would like to ask and hopefully you could better direct me. I had an ex boyfriend and I thought I was pregnant, at the time, and he told me I could not be pregnant, he said if I was and I showed him proof i was he had to tell me something very important and I couldn't go on with having the baby, well he told me It was something only his grandmother and him knew about, welll he took me to the drs. I wasn't pregnant and he said it was just he had a birth defect well wouldn't his own mother know about this too? He was saying it wasn't hiv or anything like that but I think it was.. There are to many reasons to believe he did have it because later to find out he had malloscum contagiousium, and I heard that could be related and now he can't give blood anymore and I don't know the reason. Well, I got tested, bout 9 months later for hiv and it came back negative but in the past couple of months I have been nausea, it comes off and on, and runny stools, loss of interest in food, sweats,headaches, and light dizzieness, lower back aches. Could the test came back neg. and I still have Hiv? Or is 9 months long enough for it to show? I'm just so concerned and I have a little boy and im worried about this test being wrong with my symptons. And no this is no chance im pregnant neither. Thank-you in advance

Response from Dr. Young

Nine months is plenty long enough for a HIV test to turn positive. I'd talk to your doctor about your symptoms. BY

How soon after infection to start treatment
pml reversed?

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint