Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

is PC1/PC2 Remedy effective?
Sep 6, 2004

I have read about something called PC1/PC2 Remedy,(AIDS-HEAL.Com)and the claim that it has been successfull in treatment of HIV/AIDS in some countries.What are your views on this?Would you advice me as a HIV +ve patient to give it a try?

Response from Dr. Young

In a word, no.

In the absence of any well controlled studies, I am extremely skeptical of claims about PC1/PC2 that are made on the AIDS-HEAL.com website. Understand that when a persons enters a "study" or starts healthcare that many aspects of health change-- even without the initiation of a medication. Such factors, like improved nutrition, mental health or treatment of common (non-HIV) illnesses (like chronic diarrhea or TB) can cause improvements in weight.

In a world where access to proven medications to treat HIV or its complications are becoming available in many places, I have difficulty in seeing a reason to place your health in the hands of a unproven product. If you live in a place where you can access qualified HIV care providers, I'd advise you to seek their advice for locally relevant information about your treatment options. Such as it is, as a US physician, unless you were enrolled in a controlled clinical study for PC1/PC2, I'd advise you to save your money. BY

Previous
What are the chances of myself remaining this good?
Next
mevacor + sustiva + truvada

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.