undetected viral loads when first infected

I have been to two doctors concerning HIV. I know that I was infected in Dec 2003 and my results so far have viral load has been 140 at first to undetectable (under 50) and tcell count has been 840 to 1100. Both doctors say that this is unusual, one even wants me to retake the antibody test. My question is, is this really uncommon and if so, would you suggest taking the antibody test again. Secondly, if it is unusual, should I contact some research center to study my blood? Thanks.

It is quite unusual to have such low viral load test results and the first thing that I would do is repeat the antibody test (although it is highly likely that it will be positive). There are a number of research centers that have an interest in studying people that control HIV replication naturally as in your case. The best place to go will depend on your geographic location and proximity to an academic center. Thanks for posting.

Anal precancerous lesion and HAART
4 drugs or 3? Confused.