Confused about re-starting treatment

I was diagnosed with HIV 4years ago. my first doctor put me on crixivan which almost kill my kidneys, I went to another doctor who took me off meds, according to him I didnt need to be in meds yet. So for 4 years I was out off meds. Today he is more concerned and would like to put me in a treatment. my cd4 is 550 and my vl is 100,000. However my VL tend to go down and my cd4 maintain between 450 and 550. he is concerned that my vl is getting greater. My Doctor whats me to get into a goverment treatment but Im scared. I dont know what to do. Please help. I dont have any health problems.

It sounds like you should be able to stay off therapy since you feel well. The guidelines for therapy are flexible and with a CD4 count of 450 to 550 there is no urgency to start therapy. The viral load of 100,000 suggests active viral replication, but by itself is not a reason to start treatment especially if you normally run lower. Good luck!

Prednisolone for HIV
Just started meds and scared. Help!