Red blotches on arm,legs and upper torso

Hello, I am going on 20years with HIV+. When I was first dignosed I had a cd4 of 455. I did take AZT,DDI,DDC,3TC and D4T for up until 7years ago... I stop due to antiviral drug complication. My CD4 for the last 7 years have been fluctuating from 225 - 175... and my viral load 200 - 23,000. Just recently my cd4 drop to 147 and my viral load increase to 32,000. My doctor and negotiated that I will try a new regimine if my cd4 drop below 150 and viral goes over 50,000. I have another lab schedule for another couple of weeks. Meanwhile I woke up today with red blotches and small hives all over my arm,legs and torso.. Very little itch.. It started to go away and came back in 4 hours... I have an appt for dermo on the 14th of Sept... should I wait or try to get in sooner. Meanwhile I am taking benedryle and putting Hydrocortisone Cream. I was even thinking of rushing my blood lab... your feedback is so welcome at this time... This is a little nerve wrecking... I thought being an old timer with this illness I would at least be stronger... However, I do feel very bless to be around. thank you

Thanks for your post.

It's difficult for doctors to accurately diagnose skin problems without being able to see the lesions directly-- (for some like me, it's tough even if you're in my office). That said, having hives is suggestive of an allergic reaction. This could be to any number of things, but I'd first wonder about any new things you've been in contact with, such as shampoo, detergents and the like.

If you're not having fevers or shortness of breath with the rash, it'd be ok with me to use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) and topical hydrocortisone.

Certainly, if the symptoms get worse, you should contact your doctor. Hope this helps somewhat. BY

Prostratin available ?
Documented Medical Indication for Insurance for Liposuction/Buffalo Hump