how to know when you get gonorrhea?
Sep 1, 2004
my partner is diagnosed to have a gonorhea. How could I know the time that he had acquired this? Is it possible that I am also infected?
Response from Dr. Young
It's certainly possible that you've been exposed to gonorrhea. Typically people who are infected have purulent drainage (pus) from the site of infection.
The real issue gets to the subject of safer sex and the recommendation for my patients to use condoms whenever possible. If you've been using condoms, your likelihood of infection is much lower.
But, don't take my word on whether or not you've got GC; have your doctor take a look to be sure.
Be safe and good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- How Often Does Chlamydia Cause You To Be Sterile In Women?
- Over The Counter Treatment For Oral Thrush
- Accuracy Of Elisa Test After 30 Days
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.