eye surgery

Dear docs,

Thank you so much for the great job you are doing through this web site.

I was diagnosed a year ago... My VL has always been very high (100K) and recently my CD4 has been relatively low (370). Not on meds yet. I am supposed to get laser surgery on my eyes in a couple of weeks to be able to stop using glasses and contacts. Is this procedure compatible with my hiv infection and my numbers? Thank you.

Thanks for your post.

Assuming that your counts are stable and your not experiencing other symptoms, it should be safe to have the surgery. Let your doctor and surgeon alike know of your plans, they should be able to coordinate your care without any major complications.

Good luck, BY

very low CD4 yet asymptomatic
how to know when you get gonorrhea?