rashes come and go

I was diagnosed in Oct. 04, and have been on a consistant medication regime ever since. Every once in a while I'll get a strange rash that appears on my face and upper arms. It is always in a clear place, and appears solid, yet blotchy. Almost like a sunburn. I have never experienced this until I started on my meds, and wondered if it might have something to do with it. Also, the rash occurs when I've been drinking, but it doesn't happen every time I drink. It also only lasts a few hours. Is there some cause that you might know of, or perhaps some way to control this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your question.

It's difficult to be certain as to what's causing your rash, though I'm suspicious of a sun-induced burn, since most drug reactions (or rashes) are distributed on the whole body, not just on the face or upper arms.

Some HIV medications can make you more sun-sensitive and I would talk to your doctor about this possibility and to review your symptoms.

I hope this helps. Thanks for reading. BY

nice reformulation drugs, but when new compounds?
Taking 1 drug now, another later in the day, then rescheduling...