Thai experience 2

I don't know why his CD4 is286 and 12%, is that any error? As thailand is a developing countries that do not have enough resource. Do you suggest to retest ? Do to the limited resource, Can we wait for a few month before taking Antirivals? AS he is really asymtomatic now?

Thanks for your reply.

I can't say whether the test is in error or not, but it's not uncommon to see patients with labs where the total and percentage CD4 counts are not always in apparent agreement. If a retest is possible, it's not a bad idea, but again, the key thing in my view is to be proactive, rather than reactive.

Yes, it's probably ok (particularly knowing that your friend is asymptomatic and on TMP/SMX) to wait a few months for startantiretrovirals, but I wouldn't avoid getting regular follow up. BY

A Thai experience
change in meds dueto side effects