VL3,15,089 CD4 not sure

Hi!I am 52 and i found out after my husband died that i am positive.i got my tests done in feb from UK and my VL was 24000 and CD4 +T Cell count was 250.now my VL is 3,15,089.I am very worried.i couldnt get CD4 Test done as the kit is unavailable but m sure its low..I am all my kids have.Plz tell me if i should start treatment immediately and what is the best possible regime.Thank U! Dr.Nat

Thank you for your post.

With a increasing viral load and previous CD4 count of 250, it may be time to consider staring therapy. It would be helpful to know what your current symptoms (if any) are and, of course, what your current CD4 count is. You don't need to start meds immediately-- assuming that your currently not sick, you have the time to find a good doctor and fully evaluate your treatment options.

There are quite a number of good treatment options, but suffice to say that all involve the use of three drug combinations. There are now (in the US) three coformulated nucleoside drugs (Combivir, Epzicom and Truvata) that allow for very low pill burden options that (when combined with a third drug) should be very potent and well tolerated.

I'd advise you to seek out advice locally as to who to see and as a second opinion about medications. TheBody's ASOfinder.com is a good starting point, as is the American Academy of HIV Medicine (aahivm.org).

Good luck, BY

Odd lumps after HIV DX
Pep Questions