urinary tract infection
Aug 7, 2004
Can a urinary tract infection cause my CD4 count to be reduced significantly.
Response from Dr. Young
thanks for your post.
Minor infections (including urinary tract infections, cold sores, sinusitis) can cause alterations in CD4 cell counts and HIV viral loads, though typically, not large changes. This is why I usually tell my patients to postpone their lab work if they're having any of these minor issues.
If in doubt, have the labs repeated a couple of weeks after the infection has resolved.
Good luck, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- HIV Risk After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.