Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

decreasing cd4 count

i started my meds a month ago with viral load of 21000 and cd4 count of 68 now after a month my viral load is 312 and myy cd4 count has gone down to 58 that does not make sense. i feel alright but its kinda worrying me. what might be making the cd to keep on dropping and what can i do to help build my immune system

Thanks for your question.

You've had a very good initial response to your treatments with a nearly undetectable viral load only one month into treatment.

Numerically speaking, your CD4 count has decreased, but I'd doubt if the decline is significant. Moreover, it takes a little longer to see CD4 count changes than viral load changes; though we'd all like to see immediate improvement in CD4s.

In a number of recently presented, large clinical studies, the average CD4 cell increase is between 100 and 200 cells in the first year. Stay with the plan, take your meds and most importantly talk to you doctor about how your doing, what side effects you're experiencing and how your labs are evolving. I'm pretty sure that you'll see improvements in the near future.

Good luck, let us know how things shape up. BY

PEP and Sudden Lactic Acidosis?
low cd4 count