what is the normal combination(dose) of norvir with trizivir?

I live in africa, Hiv and TB positive supposed to start with trizivir plus norvir soo.But impossible to me to get more than 60 capsuls of norvir a month. My question is:

What is the normal combination of norvir with trizivir?And do you think with one capsul(100mg) of norvir once a day and one trizivir twice a day is possibl to control the virus.

Mike.

Mike- Thank you for your question.

There are no significant drug interactions between ritonavir (Norvir) and Trizivir (AZT/3TC/abacavir).

The usual dose of ritonavir (without any other HIV protease inhibitors) is 600 mg (6 capsules) twice daily. The lower dose that you mention is used only to boost the drug levels of other protease inhibitors (so-called boosted PIs) and is not sufficiently potent to have anti-viral effect. Moreover, the use of the lower dose alone is quite possibly going to cause the emergence of protease-inhibitor resistance and limit this and future treatment options.

Trizivir alone is generally thought as a second- or alternative approach to treatment, and should be reserved for persons with low viral loads whenever possible. Please talk to your doctor about your options--

Good luck, BY

Is there Cure for Aids?
Start or Not