Is there Cure for Aids?

Hello, Dear Dr., I have question about prospectives of HIV treatment - What is your opinion. When will cure for HIV/AIDS be found? Are we close to it? And is that truth - that right treatment of HIV can prevent development to AIDS (Is there medicine advanced enough)? And infected person has an opportunity to stay healthy. Please answer my question. Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your questions.

While I have an optimistic view for the long-term health prognosis for persons with HIV infection, I don't think that we will see a "cure" in the near-term future. Elimination of HIV from the body of an infected person is turning out to be very difficult, in large part because the virus manages to incorporate its genes into our chromosomes. This shouldn't prevent us from hoping for a cure or a therapeutic vaccine, but rather to temper over enthusiasm that this type of breakthrough will happen soon.

Current medications, while not perfect, can and do prevent progression to AIDS and restore immune system function (and health) to those who have had an AIDS complication.

Thanks for reading. BY

Compassion and Medicine
what is the normal combination(dose) of norvir with trizivir?