Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

no question just a comment.
Aug 3, 2004

I feel compelled to respond to a recent comment on this site directed at Dr. Young and his supposed lack of compassion. While I completely respect someone's right to free speech I found the comments apalling. How anyone could write to a doctor on a website that provides knowledgeable, informative, prompt, and FREE advice with the tone and hostility that this writer did is beyond me. If you don't like the advice here don't read it (you get what you pay for). While it's certainly OK to disagree with the message, to attack the messenger - shame on them. My experience here has been completely opposite from that writer. I was introduced to this website by my counselor shortly after testing positive. Initial I sat at my computer reading the questions and compassionate answers with tears running down my face - still in shock. In time though, largely due the the information AND compassion I found here, my outlook has changed completely. I no longer feel hopeless and helpless. With what I have learned here I feel much better able to deal with this virus. While I certainly would love to make it go away - can't. But with your help I know I am better able to handle it. Thanks for making this unfortunate turn in my life much more tolerable and far less scary. You truly have no idea how many people you have helped. And helped a lot. To Dr's Young, Wohl, and Pierone THANK YOU.

Response from Dr. Young

Thank you so much for your words.

I believe that we provide a valuable service to many persons around the world-- this is, in large part what makes this so rewarding. While we (I) strive to provide the most sensitive and medically correct information, I'm sure that not everyone (particularly those with differing agendas) will be satisfied with every word that we write.

That said, your thoughtful and personal comments are tremendously valued by me--thanks again. Spread the word.

BY

Previous
no Q, just a note: dr. Young, you are doing a great job
Next
need to know

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.