Just diagnosed

I have been recently diagnosed with HIV and my cd4 count is 711 and my viral load is 55,900. My consultant here in Scotland UK says this is within reasonable levels and wont need to start treatment but im concerned about the viral load which can only rise as i am not on any medication. Can you tell me what you think about this ?

Your CD4 count is quite good and the viral load is average. It really takes several viral load and CD4 count determinations to get a better sense of the true state of viral and immune system dynamics. I say dynamics, because it is not unusual for these numbers to vary considerably over short periods of time. One needs to take the average of several readings to really know where one stands. What you do know now with over 700 CD4 cells is that you have plenty of time to gather information and see how the numbers trend. Good luck and keep us posted on the repeat numbers.

Expiration date of Efavirenz
Am I being too concerned about my numbers?