You Won't Dare Post This!! (yes we will!!)

To all Dr's at The Body.Com

First and foremost I personally want to thank you for providing much needed medical advise to those at need, but on the other hand I want to question why you refuse to address our current HIV Med dilema in the USA??

Allow me to clarify myself: It seems that through out most of the world the use of Generic hiv drugs formulated in simple to take 3 in 1 pills seem to be the norm. You know as well as I, and proven by studies that this type of formulation adds to adherance and reduces the likelyhood of resistance.

However in the USA, the rule is to protect the bottom line of the Pharm companies and deny these effective and innexpensive drugs to the public. As a matter of fact a recent report stated that only 1% of drug companies research is directed toward a vaccine.

Makes perfect sense to me. If an effective vaccine is developed it will negate the need for hiv drugs and will result in billions of $$$ of lost revenue. As a matter of fact I and many others have no doubt that the worst thing that can happen to the drug companies is that a outright cure is discovered.

With this type of mentality, I assure you that this virus will not only be around a long time, but will mutate and evolve therefore making it's eradication next to impossible.

Unfortunately for us the public, you the Poster Boyz for these companies are just as much to blame as the companies themselves.

I know this will never make it to the general forum, but hopefully one of you will take time to read it and reflect on the message it sends

Hello and thanks for posting.

Drug companies make drugs. Their goal is to sell lots of them and make a bundle of money for their owners. They gravitate towards serious chronic conditions so that they can sign a customer up and sell them medications for many years. So diabetes, asthma, hypertension, and HIV infection all fit the bill of the central demographic model for drug companies. These companies have saved countless lives and improved the quality of life for countless others. No apology needed, they do this job well and society benefits from the vast energies that they expend to achieve this goal.

Biotech companies, academic researchers, and immune-based companies work on HIV vaccines and innovative gene therapy approaches against HIV. Although some drug companies dabble in this area, it is a different industry. Their goal is different, they are aiming to cure HIV infection or bring it under control without the need for long-term medications. If they succeed, it will make the HIV drugs unnecessary. The drug companies have no control over these efforts, they are in a different industry altogether. Also, they are not involved in an evil conspiracy to eliminate prominent vaccine researchers to prevent progress that might threaten their profits. The biotech researcher and/or team that finds the cure for AIDS will win the Nobel Prize, be famous the world over, and will make her mother extremely proud. This is motivation enough.

If and when this occurs, the HIV drug market will become obsolete. So what? The vinyl record industry is obsolete too. The people selling HIV medications will sell other medications or maybe stereo systems, who cares? The drug companies themselves will simply move on. Perhaps they will concentrate their resources on another lucrative product line such as drugs for obesity. After they have made the requisite billions of dollars, some really bright molecular biologist will develop a gene therapy technique to "cure" obesity and this market will wither as well. And so on.

One final point (since the HIV cure is not imminent), Gilead and BMS are co-producing a 3 in 1 combination of Sustiva, Emtriva, and Viread. So we do have three medications together in one pill (hopefully not too big a pill) for HIV infection in the U.S. coming.

tcells going back down and viral load up
double dosing