timing of meds

Thank you for your wonderful site.

I have a question which relates to peace of mind in addition to my physical health. I recently started taking meds. Positive for at least 4 years. (I really don't know.) I take Kaletra, Lumivudine and Abacavir. I find that when I take these with food I have no problem with them. So, I have timed taking these with breakfast and supper. My question is --- how much leeway do I have for taking them? For example, I take the supper ones at 7 in the p.m. If I am having a late supper, say 8 in the p.m., can I take the pills at 8 or do I have to take them exactly at the same time. I.e. do I have an hour leeway period in the a.m. and p.m.? I would have much less anxiety knowing I don't have to take the pills to the very minute.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks for your post.

You won't be at any significant risk if you're off by an hour or two either way in the timing of your dosing. By the way, both Ziagen and Epivir can be taken once daily (the later is currently FDA approved, the former will likely soon be approved), so that should you miss a dose, you could "catch up" with a double dose.

Hope this helps, BY

HIV-related lymphoma
Can't tolerate drugs