Nausea and breathing problems

Dr, Young, When even Zofran doesn't help the bad nausea, what can you recommend as more efective?I have a CD4 of >600 and VL of <10,000...not yet on HAART.

What could be causing this bad nausea and what meds are most effective (I had thought Zofran was the strongest?).

I also often have great difficulty breathing, yet X rays show no lung infection. Can HIV itself cause breathing difficulty...do you see this often?..and what tests would you do in such a situation to find the cause? Any meds that would help breathing if the problem is virally caused?

Thank you so much.

Thanks for your questions.

I'm sorry to say that I can't give you very good advice from this forum, other than to say to let your doctor know about the symptoms that you're experiencing.

If you've got nausea that Zofran won't control, or shortness of breath, it's important to have these symptoms evaluated. While HIV itself typically does not cause either nausea or shortness of breath, there is a long list of possible HIV-related complications that can cause these symptoms. There are a number of tests to evaluate shortness of breath, including CT scans and pulmonary function tests-- which ones to do would require additional information that your doctor will ask about.

Good luck, thanks for reading. BY

testing for viral load and cd4
Starting Treatment