testing for viral load and cd4

I have recently been tested as of last april. My viral oad is 172,000 and cd4 count is 685. Would tratment be starting soon if my viral load is this high would it be preferable to be starting treatment. They are saying that i may have been infected up to 2 years.

Thanks for your post and questions.

You have a reasonably intact CD4 count, but a pretty high viral load. For patients like you, I don't insist on starting therapy immediately, but rather prefer to follow your symptoms and lab work closely. The higher viral load suggests that you are more likely to loose CD4 cells faster than average-- reinforcing the need to maintain monitoring. Once the CD4 count is reproducibly lower (typically below 400, perhaps 350), I'd be recommending treatment.

Hope this helps, thanks for reading. BY

Today's Outlook on HIV
Nausea and breathing problems