Tcell 128=dying?

I just got tested 2 weeks ago. I found myself HIV +, A week later I found out my T Cell count is 128. Am I dying? When should I start treatment?

Thanks for your question.

Assuming that you're feeling well and don't have an active AIDS complication, I don't think that you're currently dying.

That said, the risk of having an AIDS complication is very high in persons with CD4 counts around 100. The general risk of having an AIDS complication or even death is so high, that starting HIV combination therapies is highly recommended.

This doesn't mean that you should start today-- there's time for you and your doctor to have meaningful discussions about your options, the risks and benefits of treatment and the need for excellent adherence to the prescribed treatments.

Current treatments can be very potent and very well tolerated at the same time-- so find the ways to take medications well and your immune system health (and the risk of dying of AIDS) will improve.

Good luck, BY

starting treatment
what exactly is this 7/7 approach?