starting treatment

I found out May 20, 2004 that I was positive. My counts were 232 tcells with a 22%. Viral load was at 133,000. I just took my second lap results on June 24, 2004 and they were 154 tcells with a 16%. Viral load was at 285,000. My doctor wants to start me on meds, should I? I do feel fine but dont want to wait to long. Thanks

With a relatively high viral load and CD4 count in this range it is time to start therapy. There is good evidence that treating HIV infection with antiretroviral cocktails for persons with CD4 count below 200 cells is effective at lowering the risk of opportunistic infections and prolonging life. Very good luck with therapy and let us know how things go.

CD4 and VL?
Hope for gene therapy