CD4 below 200

Hi there, I have been HIV+ for more than 5 years now with my CD4 hovering up and down between 250 and 350 all this time. My VL was 35,000 when I first found out in '99 and have dropped since then and have been in the 6000 to 12000 range. I am not on medication yet but my doctor and I are thinking it may be time because by CD4 on my last test was 150 (VL 9000). Do you think I should get another blood test to make sure this is not just a "blip"? Or is it probably about time are started? We are thinking of starting on a regimin of Sustiva and Combivir. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

If this was a single test reading, you could repeat it to see if it was an anomaly. Especially since your numbers have been so stable over the years. Also, you can look at the CD4 percentage and CD4/CD8 ratio to provide additional information regarding the trend. These numbers tend not to fluctuate as much as the actual CD4 count.

medication sugestion please
Total CD4 count or CD4 percentage?