Reader from Brazil.

One of the best time of my day is when I read the answers you give us. Im 39 YO, + for almost 2 years, feeling very well, and CD4 480 VL 16000, not on treatment. My doc told me my initial regimen will be AZT+3TC+Efavirenz. What do you think? Obrigado (Thank you)

This regimen has a long established tract record and may still be the most common initial regimen in the U.S. There is a trend towards using once daily therapy for HIV and treatment continues to evolve. When it comes time for you to begin therapy (which could be years in the future) you will likely be started on a once daily regimen. Thanks for posting and stay tuned.

HIV-2 primary infection & meds
Which type of Viral Load Test to Take